Translate

Sunday 22 March 2009

Kaffe Fassett quilt

In 2008 Kaffe Fassett visited Cowslip (Launceston - the most wonderful quilt shop set on an organic farm in the Cornish countryside), and I was fortunate enough to do a workshop with him, and this is the end result. It was such fun - his fabrics are so vibrant and I love them. He encouraged us to be brave when mixing colours and his design was simple patchwork but so effective. I then once again took the quilt to Carole at Butterfly Quilters (www.butterflyquilters.co.uk) where she long-arm quilted it. Although I am lucky enough to be able to visit Butterfly personally anyone can use her wonderful quilting service as you can post a quilt to her and then discuss the quilting pattern and thread colour. Her quilting makes my quilts come alive.



No comments:

Post a Comment