Translate

Friday 12 October 2012

Fun at Cowslip with Mary Berry CBE

As I told you in my last post, I was off this week for two days helping the wonderful Mary Berry.  Every year she comes down to Cowslip Workshops for 2 mornings of Aga/cooking demonstrations - and I go along and help her with her sales table of her wonderful cookery books that so many of us love and rely on daily!  Once again she cooked some delicious delights, gave out endless tips and advice and had us laughing over various fun stories.  And today she is at Windsor Castle to receive her CBE - such an honour but well deserved.
Here I am with Mary and Jo:
and here is Mary with Andrew and Vicki - the cooks in the Cowslip Cafe - who helped her with the cooking:

And now we wait to see who won The Great British Bake Off - what a terrific series that has been.

Today I need to really have a big clean and tidy up - how do I manage to get in such a mess?  I am just so untidy - I guess I would always rather sew than do housework!  And the spiders - how they seem to love Ward Cottage! - it is the beams they seem to enjoy - spinning webs from one to another the minute my back in turned - most inconsiderate!  Even from the beam above my Aga to the hotplate lid handle overnight - how cheeky is that!! 
And I need to get some work done on my Noah's Ark before I am back at Cowslip next Monday for my on-going applique class which I so enjoy:
I have birds ready to be sewn onto the sky above the rainbow, plus some dolphins and snails for underneath the Ark - but  definitely NO SPIDERS!
I have just finished cross-stitching stocking number 4:  only another 6 to sew!
I hope everyone has had a good week, despite the dreadful continuing rain here in the UK - it just seems never ending.
As always thank you for visiting my Blog, and for all the comments you leave.
 

4 comments:

  1. Here's to Mary on her special day, what a wonderful honour for her and well deserved.

    Have a good weekend Angie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still don't know how you manage to cram so many things in!!!! The Noah's Ark project is looking great. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fab day at Jo's. I am so fed up of the rain and it is cold now too. The applique is looking good and you are working well towards your stocking deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I remember Mary from years past I also have her books in various sizes so lovely to hear she has an honour, and is still going well.

    ReplyDelete