Translate

Saturday 16 July 2011

Wet Saturday

Well my eldest daughter Fran arrived yesterday for a weekend in "glorious Devon". This morning it is pouring with rain, cold and miserable. No going to a beach with the dog today - maybe a manicure and the cinema - such a shame.
The main job for Rod today is to hang my latest cross-stitch masterpiece! There will be pictures to follow. I have been sewing the "Blackbird Designs" Anniversaries of the Heart, and I am so thrilled with the end result. I sewed it on 25 count linen - and it is a history of my family and 2 closest friends. A month for every person I care, or have cared about. I have spent a day putting together a resume and photographs of each person sewn into this work and this will be securely attached to the back of the frame so that in years to come no details will be forgotten. There is also a condensed copy inside the frame. Just imagine in 500 years time when it goes to auction - they will have all the details which will make it far more interesting. Hopefully though it will always stay within the family.
Rod needs help to hang it now - it is 2 ft by 3 ft and heavy! here I go. Pictures when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment