Translate

Monday 14 October 2013

Busy days ...

Well as Autumn comes along fast and furious in the Tamar Valley I have been busy with my patchwork, making the most of sunny days in my Studio:  I bought this lovely fabric at the FOQ in August, and have put this quilt together - fun and bright:  a nine-patch plus a square, set on point:
I just need a bit more fabric for the border which I ordered from The Cotton Patch over the weekend, so once that comes I can finish it and then it will be off for long-arm quilting.  The fabric is Secret Garden by Nel Whatmore.  I met her at Birmingham and she is such a lovely lady:
I get a great feeling of satisfaction using the fabric I purchased recently - why is new fabric always more appealing than the yards and yards, and more yards purchased years ago!  I loved it all once, so guess I will love most of it again - in time!
I have been cross-stitching lots too and at last am back sewing the beautiful SL Country Life sampler:
I have also just started Saxony:  this will be a year long project - it is a very long sampler - but I am loving it. I will post a photo next time.
I now need to get out my patterns for Christmas stockings - only the children of those I know will appreciate the work involved will get one.  There is nothing more soul destroying than putting in all those sewing hours and then barely an acknowledgement.  Luckily it is rare, but I am very selective who I make for these days. My time is too precious.
Talking of "thank-you's", my God-daughter Maggie just LOVES her wedding quilt - it obviously hit the mark and I have had such a lovely thank-you from her - it made my day!

I have re-discovered the perfect item of clothing for the winter months - dungarees!!!  I just love them - easy to wear, comfy and practical.  I managed to get 2 pairs from New Look (not a shop I usually go into but I saw them hanging up by the door as I passed by their shop in Tavistock last Tuesday).  One pair in black denim, and another in blue denim. And they were less than half price in the Sale!  I am set up for the cold winter months now - I don't need anything else!

Rod wears "bib and braces" all the time as he spends most of his time in his workshops, or cutting logs etc. - so I have decided that if I can't beat him I might as well join him!

I am off now to tidy my sewing studio - and take out the tomato plants which have been on the window cill all summer - they have produced well but just the green ones are left now, so chutney making later this week. Nothing better than home made chutney and pickle with the left over meats at Christmas!

Thank you for stepping into My Quilting Life - have a great week.

3 comments:

  1. Your latest projects look fabulous AND the dungarees are a great look too! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that quilt! So bright and fun and cheerful! Love Country Life too! Yet another one I want to stitch someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilt - as ever! I remember my dungarees from when I was 18 (yes - I have a good memory!!). A red pair and a black pair - all the rage in those days! You look good in yours - maybe I should make a trip to New Look. xCathy

    ReplyDelete